Location: San Bernardino County, California
Named derived from local use after the nearby vineyard and citrus growing community of Ontario (1882). This town was named by George and William Chaffey after their native province of Ontario. This name was in turn borrowed from Lake Ontario, first visited by Samuel de Champlain who used its original Iroquois Indian name which translates as "lake-fine".
Name first appears on GLO Forest Atlas (1908).
Peak was on the original 1946 HPS Peak List.
Weldon Heald climbed this peak in 1926.